Last Updated on 30-07-2019
A. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- When an individual visits the “Veu” website, but, does not create an Account
- When an individual creates an Account
Once a potential User decides to create an Account with Us, We solely collect the information provided by such User during the registration process, namely: -
1. Email address;
2. Full name;
4. Internet Protocol Address (IP address).
This section is applicable to a User who utilizes Our service to locate and engage with photographers. For the sake of simplicity, We refer to such Users as “Customers”.
- When an individual creates an Account using a Social Media Account (Facebook/Twitter)
A potential User may choose to create an Account with Us, using his/her existing social media Account, in which case, the following information is collected, in addition to what has been stated in the preceding paragraph: -
- Date of birth (DoB);
- Thumbnail Profile Image Unique Resource Locator (URL), as the case may be;
As mentioned above, this section is applicable to a User who utilizes Our service to locate and engage with photographers. For the sake of simplicity, We refer to such Users as “Customers”. At the moment, a Customer is permitted to use his/her Facebook/Twitter Account to create an Account with Us.
- When a photographer creates an Account
Our service caters to the needs of those who require photographers with inter alia, a particular skill set, the requisite experience etc. Thus, apart from a Customer (described above), photographers may create an Account with us. At the registration phase, a potential User is questioned if he/she would like to register as a regular User, i.e. a Customer, or as a photographer. If a photographer desires to create an Account with Us, the following information is collected: -
- Full name;
- Email address;
- Name of the city and state, in which he/she resides and carries on business from;
- Date of Birth (DoB);
- Profile Picture.
We will request the Photographer to part with his/her Bank Account details/PayPal Account link, for the limited purpose of concluding the transaction and receiving payment. It is made clear that we do not store financial details of a Photographer.
- When a Customer lodges a query with a photographer
When a Customer selects a photographer, the following information is requested: -
- The location of the possible photoshoot;
- The Phone number of the Customer shall be shared with the Photographer only when the Photographer accepts the query and the Customer transmits the agreed sum to the Photographer.
B. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
As detailed above, the information collected by Us under different circumstances shall be put to the following uses-
|NATURE OF INFORMATION||PURPOSE OF COLLECTION/PROCESSING|
|Full Name/Email address/Internet Protocol Address (IP Address)||To set up and log in to an Account on the Service; To provide you with customer support; To enforce the terms of this Policy or Our Terms and Conditions of Service, including Our additional Terms of Service (if any), or to protect the rights or property of others; To fulfil your requests and process any transaction You initiate using the Service; To enable communications between You and Us. For instance, We may send you service-related emails; To help you efficiently access your information after you log in; To remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you log in to the Service; To provide personalised content and information to you, which could include online advertisements etc.|
|Date of Birth (DoB)||To set up and log in to an Account on the Service; To enforce the terms of this Policy or Our Terms and Conditions of Service, including Our additional Terms of Service (if any), or to protect the rights or property of others.|
|Public Profile Image||To set up and log in to an Account on the Service; To enforce the terms of this Policy or Our Terms and Conditions of Service, including Our additional Terms of Service (if any), or to protect the rights or property of others|
|Gender||To set up and log in to an Account on the Service; To enforce the terms of this Policy or Our Terms and Conditions of Service, including our additional Terms of Service (if any), or to protect the rights or property of others.|
|Name of City/State/Country||To set up and log in to an Account on the Service; To enforce the terms of this Policy or Our Terms and Conditions of Service, including Our additional Terms of Service (if any), or to protect the rights or property of others.|
|Location of the photoshoot||To know the area for which a Customer has solicited the services of a Photographer; To analyse locational data and determine the areas for which there is Customer demand.|
|Contact details of the Customer, specifically the phone number||To enable instantaneous communications between the Customer and Photographer.|
|Bank Account details/PayPal Account link of the Photographer||To conclude the transaction and transmit payment.|
In addition to the reasons stated above, We will use the information that we collect for the following, amongst other purposes related to the Service:
- To implement compliance with Applicable law;
- To protect the rights and safety of our users (Customers and Photographers) and third parties, as well as our own;
- To provide, improve, test and monitor the effectiveness of Our Service;
- To develop and test new products and features;
- To diagnose or fix technology problems;
- To back up our systems and allow for disaster recovery.
C. HOW WE SHARE THE INFORMATION
We do not sell, rent or share your personal information with third parties without your prior consent, except in the limited circumstances described in this Policy. Third parties may receive information about you under the following scenarios: -
- Third party service providers: We engage Third Party Service providers/partners to perform tasks on Our behalf and to provide us with services necessary to operate Our Service, i.e. Google Analytics. Therefore, the need to share information provided by You arises, with a view to achieve optimum functionality. The Third Party Service Providers/Partners cannot use the personal information supplied to them, beyond the scope of the purpose for which the information has been delivered. Particularly, during the process of payment or refund, minimal User data such as, e-mail address, phone number and remuneration may be shared with payment gateway companies. Payment related information shall not be stored on Our servers. Further, for mobile number verification, One Time Password (OTP) method shall be used, therefore, the mobile number shall be shared with Short Messaging Service (SMS) gateway companies. Furthermore, Customer email addresses shall also be shared with our email campaigning partners such as Mailchimp or AWS SES etc. We use reasonable efforts to limit their use of such information, and We require these parties to use appropriate confidentiality and security measures, as prescribed by the law for the time being in force. The Third Party Service Provider/Partner shall not disclose the personal information supplied to it nor will it cause its publishing.
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymised data with other parties. We may also combine Your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with You and share that aggregated information.
- Sale/Merger - If We sell or otherwise transfer part or the whole of Our service or Our assets to another organisation (for instance, in the course of a sale or amalgamation/merger etc.), Your information such as Name and E- mail address, and any other information collected through the Service may be among the items sold or transferred. You will continue to own Your User content. The buyer or transferee will have to fulfil the commitments We have made in this Policy. In case of any such merger, acquisition or sale, you will be notified of the same by prominent notice on Our web site or via email.
- Law enforcement/Legal Requests- We may have to disclose your personal information to any Third Party by an order under the law for the time being in force. Further, We may have to share Your personal information with Government agencies mandated under the law to obtain information including sensitive personal data or information for the purpose of verification of identity, or for prevention, detection, investigation, including cyber incidents, prosecution and punishment of offences. Information We receive about You may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of Our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm/injury.
- Information disclosed at Your request- We may share Your personal information with Photographers if You explicitly consent to such disclosure upon receipt of a specific Service. For instance, when a Customer lodges a query with a Photographer, We request the Customer to part with his/her phone number. The phone number of the Customer will be shared with the Photographer.
- If You are a Photographer, Your contact information shall be requested when a shoot request is received. For the Photographer to accept and initiate the shoot, We request disclosure of the Photographer’s contact details. A Photographer is free to alter his/her contact details subsequently, by clicking on the “Account Settings” icon.
- If You are a Photographer, the information that You post is available to other Users of Our Service. Comments that Customers post to Our website will also be available to Our Website’s Visitors. However, the profile of a particular Photographer becomes visible only when a Customer lodges a query, i.e. enters shoot related details (location of shoot, date and time of shoot).
D. LOCATION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use Amazon Web Services for Our servers. Our servers are situated in Mumbai, India. The User database and all other User uploaded files are stored within these servers, meaning thereby that User data is stored in- country, at all times.
E. HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
- As delineated in point (D) above, Your information collected through the Service is stored and processed in India;
- We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps to verify Your identity before granting You access to Your account (such as demanding the creation of a unique password). However, We cannot ensure the absolute security of any information You forward to Us or guarantee that information on the Service may not be unauthorizedly accessed, unauthorizedly disclosed, unauthorizedly altered or unauthorizedly destroyed.
- You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of Your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to e-mails between You and Us, at all times. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy or security measures of any other organization.
- We restrict access to personal information to Our employees, contractors and agents, who require the information to undertake a variety of tasks and they are contractually bound to not disclose confidential information they may encounter in execution of their professional responsibilities and duties.
F. RIGHTS AVAILABLE TO RESIDENTS OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA (EEA)
By virtue of Your residency in the European Economic Area, the following rights/protections are available to You: -
- The right to access, correct, update or request deletion of Your personal information. As mentioned in point (E) above, We use reasonable commercial safeguards to protect Your personal information. You may contact us directly at any time about accessing, correcting, updating or deleting Your personal information or altering Your data by e- mailing Us at email@example.com. We will consider Your request in accordance with applicable laws;
- The right to object to processing of Your personal information;
- The right to request restricted processing of Your personal information;
- The right to request portability of Your Personal Information;
- The right to withdraw Your consent, if Your personal information has been collected and processed by Us after obtaining Your consent;
- The right to lodge a complaint with a Data Protection Authority about the manner in which We are processing Your personal information;
For exercising any of the abovementioned rights/protections, You may contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
G. PERIOD OF USE/RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Ordinarily, the User Account information (Customer/Photographer, as the case may be) will be saved onto the Web server till such time the User requests deletion of his/her Account fully from Our Service. A Customer/Photographer can request to deactivate his/her Account. We shall process a Customer/Photographer’s request for Account deletion within a period of 7 business days, from the date on which a request for deletion is conveyed. Following a Customer/Photographer’s request to delete/deactivate his/her Account, We shall store the data associated with a Customer/Photographer for a period of 30 days, from the date of deletion/deactivation of the Account. The rationale behind retention of the information for 30 days, post Account closure, is to entertain the possibility of a Customer/Photographer seeking restoration of his/her Account. After the 30 day period expires, We shall delete all personal data except for data such as Name, Phone Number, Email address. This data shall be retained for a period not exceeding 30 days, from the expiry of the 7 days buffer period, for purposes relating to payment, compliance with the laws for the time being in force, fraud detection, collection of outstanding fees, resolution of disputes, troubleshoot concerns, enforcement of Our Terms and Conditions of Service or other safety reasons etc.
For residents of the EEA, subject to their right to insist on the removal/deletion of their personal information, the information shall be retained by Us in the manner prescribed above. If a request to remove/delete a portion of personal information is made, the same shall be given effect within a period of 7 business days, from the date on which such request is made.
H. REVIEW/CHANGES TO YOUR INFORMATION
If you want to review and correct any information of Yours on the Service that is inaccurate or deficient, You can do so by informing Us of such changes to edit Your profile. We shall not retain Your sensitive personal information for a period longer than is required for the purposes for which the information is lawfully to be used or is otherwise required under any other law for the time being in force. The period of use/retention of Your personal information is specified in point G.
I. THIRD PARTY LINKS
When you sign up for an Account or use certain features of the Service, You are opting to receive messages and notifications from Us. You can manage Your preferences with regard to some of these communications and notifications. Please note that You cannot opt out of receiving transactional messages related to the Service. We may use Your mobile number or other contact information for the purpose of informing You about, or soliciting or promoting, any transaction in relation to the Service. If You do not want to receive such unsolicited commercial communications from the Service (including from third party partners) You can opt-out by requesting closure of Your Account with Us.
L. HOW TO CONTACT US